Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See

Every time I think of the 90s I always picture a blurry rainy day. Actually all the memories from the 90s I have are in rainy and blurry days. I don't know why, it's like the whole decade had no sun whatsoever. My childhood was weird, living in that blur and listening to mad dictators. :S

Mazzy Star creates just that dreamy, foggy music and they were active in the 90s! Lots of guitar sliding notes and lazy sounding vocals. The music itself is a bit depressing but so was everything else back then. "So Tonight That I Might See" was their second and the most popular album in their short lived career. It also contains possibly the most commercial successful song from the whole dream pop era. Fade Into You, at least so the reviews say. In any case if you like shoegaze you'll like this sort of prototype shoegaze music and if you like dream pop you'll adore this.

Thanks Rise for telling me about this band a while ago. :)

Tracklist:

01. Fade Into You (4:55)
02. Bells Ring (4:32)
03. Mary Of Silence (6:02)
04. Five String Serenade (4:24)
05. Blue Light (5:10)
06. She's My Baby (4:25)
07. Unreflected (3:42)
08. Wasted (5:31)
09. Into Dust (5:36)
10. So Tonight That I Might See (7:19)


Won't upload again.

No comments:

Post a Comment