Halo


More metal? Why yes, by all means. :P

Halo was always an peculiar band to me. Some records I liked and some I didn't. I still consider their Body of Light to be their best album. I don't know why it's so hated on Metal archives? Maybe because it's not true? Well I don't really care anyway. This is some damn fine drone/sludge/noise whatever. Guattari - From the West Flows Grey Ash & Pestilence is an more musically driven album. The songs have usual song structures, standard sludge awesomeness and pimped out vocals that ties it all together in a nice psychedelic trip. Body of Light on the other hand is more about epic and less about being sludge. It's also less structured and has more drone feeling. Well, the band is pretty much popular (I think :/) so I won't ramble any more because you probably heard about them anyway.

 *will not be uploaded again

4 comments:

  1. Metal-archives is a horrible site full of fags. Avoid like AIDS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just noticed that Body of Light can't be opened, since it doesn't have the .zip file (just z01,z02 and z03)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the notice. It should work now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous19/5/11 04:24

    Body Of Light is major Swans-worship (in a good way, of course). ;)

    ReplyDelete