Shintaro Kago - Koro Koro Soushi

Haven't posted a manga in a while so here's a special treat. The story is set in feudal Japan. A serious famine swept the land and one certain princess started saving people. But we are talking about Shintaro Kago so of course for people to get rice from her they need to donate their body parts. The Princess then gets very interested in anatomy and the brain so she decides to study internal organs and therefore she is now demanding organs from her people. People get agitated by this organ and body donating. Will they overthrow the princes? Will that guy finally get his penis back? Will they all end in hell? Find out yourself. :P

Personally I enjoyed this one a lot. Many, many funny and original moments and really cute imagination. Like, eye scouting!

Dark humor, making fun of religion (especially Jesus who appears here and there making deals), making fun of feudal Japan and pretty much everything else. The art is also more detailed compared to his one shots. The scenery is more detailed and overall there are more shading and little details like that. Highly recommended for everyone who is into guro (I'd recommend it to others as well but it's very gory so I'm not sure if you'll like it)!

Both volumes!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Burek thanks for posting.

    "Superconductive brains" [sic] was the best stuff I've read from Kago, thx again! Very original and intriguing! Not only his typical "épater les bourgeois" , great stuff!

    On the other hand, the style of "Superconductive..." made me recall... Have you ever seen "The Twilight Zone"? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twilight_Zone) I think that, knowing your tastes, you'd love it!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you !
    Very good blog, full of interesting stuff. Keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I saw the original series of The Twilight Zone (the one from early 60s) and it was quite good. Which reminds me that I might watch some of the newer adaptations hmmm. I'm too busy being a Legend Of Galactic Heroes fanboy so I can't really do anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous28/8/09 18:10

    thank you sooo much for this! made my day! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oy wey, that's what was missing from my Kago collection. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are never a disappointment, my friend. Many thanks.

    xx
    Cristian

    ReplyDelete
  7. there is 2nd volume of this manga

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, thanks for posting this, do you know where i could buy this online?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really disturbing manga. Seems Shintaro Kago in childhood had a mean and little twisted close relative who taught him the "fun" of disemboweling ^_^ And learned him how to enjoy bath in dishwashing tub...But after all is washed clean and the water and air above is pretty thick o.O!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous16/5/12 03:42

    It looks like wrong link :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for letting me know. I fixed it now.

    ReplyDelete