Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond

Ah, this was the first original I ever bought (if we don't count The Prodigy - The Fat Of The Land tape that I bought randomly (and loved it) when I was about 8 or 9). ^_^

Nowadays I'm not much of a fan of power metal. It got too cheeky and baroque for me. Nevertheless I still tend to spin this album once in a while and remember the good old days of my early rebellious youth. Somewhere Far Beyond was their fourth full length album that got out in 1992. In those days Blind Guardian was much more leaning towards thrash than power metal (I guess the genre itself hasn't formed in its now popular shape) which can be clearly seen in their albums before this one. Despite the high thrash feeling it still holds the power metal vibe of magical thematic and Lord of the Rings references etc. The signature Hansi vocals are present here as well, with a much more harsher sound than it is today. Overall if you are looking for some power metal but not those dragon guitar fluffy masturbation of Rhapsody and Dragonforce you should get this. Also if you are interested in this genre and haven't heard it before I strongly suggest you start with this.

*will not be uploaded again

No comments:

Post a Comment