Burzum - Filosfem


Good old Vargy! I think It's hilarious that his birth name is Christian. Ideology statements and his life aside this album is really good. It's kinda like shogaze but not really, something like that. Filosfem is more or less an album that holds all my favorite songs by Burzum. Which is why I bought this in the first place. I always listen this in the middle of the night while I'm in my bubbly bath. (^o^)

If you are new to Burzum I think this is an great album to start with. It has great atmosphere and the raw essence of black metal (or something poetic like that). Not as raw as his first albums and not as cheery like his later works. The golden middle. The only bad side of this album for me is that cymbals pretty much sounds like someone is shaking plastic bags constantly. It's not annoying or anything like that but when I heard them I always imagine Varg sitting in some dark room singing while an old man stands behind with a huge grey beard grimly shaking his plastic bags full of food supplies that he bought in the morning. Because of that I always break into laughter.

 *will not be uploaded again

2 comments:

  1. It is Filosofem, not Filosfem!
    HAGL SATAN!
    -ILDJARN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Haha I always thought it was Filosfem. Bleh it doesn't matter. :D

    ReplyDelete