Bathory

When I was in my prime teen years everybody had their favorite band. We used to sit around school and discuss which one is the most awesome of them all. Those bands and people were prime examples of perfection for us and we fiercely defended them against other perfect bands. My worship was Bathory and thus this post. Sadly at that time I was very alone in my worship club. Nobody else that I knew liked Bathory. ;_; Nevertheless I still proudly collected slowly all of his albums and daily read his website and every other information that I could find. Later on I got his shirt with a picture of his first album. First time I wore it I looked like a complete stereotype of a Satanic kid. It was freezing cold that day but I wore it even if it wasn't a sweater and people looked at me and laughed but I was happy because I had my awesome shirt. 8)

Time passed and bands came and went but Bathory along with Boris will always have a special part in my little life. Those wonderous days when I would listen to Blood Fire Death on repeat the whole day or when I would yell at people "PEOPLE OF ASA BAY IT HAS ONLY JUST BEGUNNNNNNNNNNNN" will never fade away from my memory. I even managed to get Blood Fire Death on cassette so that I could listen it in a car and annoy my parents with it.

So is this any good? Well it's one of the most famous bands in the metal world. Everyone already listened to at least one album who explored metal a bit. If you haven't, well here's your chance to listen his first 5 albums, in flac. :3

Musically (objectively speaking without being a fanboy) each album changes the sound drifting more and more into this viking epic style of music. First album is complete thrash metal highly influenced by Venom (even though Quorthon denied this but I'm not so sure about his story). When it came out people hated it but over time it became a classic and first edition is now a collectors item if I'm not mistaken. :O After the first one shortly after came The Return and In The Sign which were a big influence to the second wave of black metal. It's still thrash metal but very raw and basically it can be called black metal. Blood Fire Death is the turning point towards the viking oriented metal which paves the way for Hammerheart that perfects the vision that was in Blood Fire Death.

That would be a quick guide of his progression in music for the first five albums. If you are new I guess you should start with either the first album or Blood Fire Death. To me those two are the most memorable. Anyway, not to ramble any further...

[...]


 *will not be uploaded again

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous19/8/09 00:07

    could you post it in mp3 320 kps form that would be really really cool cuz mt ipod cant read flac so anyway thanks a bilion if you could do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I mentioned somewhere below. I will upload everything in mp3 at the end of the week. :O If you can't wait then just convert it yourself. Try FairStars Audio Converter it's a fairly simple and good program for converting. It's also free if I remember right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous19/8/09 00:28

    ok thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. A lone man still does have his pride, then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous21/8/09 23:58

    2nd track of "Under the Sign of the Black Mark" is unfortunately broken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shit. I knew it was too good to be true. Damn zip I'll never separate files with them again. :D I'll reup it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2/9/09 13:38

    Thanks a lot for Bathory albums in flac. Greetz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9/9/09 01:59

    Numerous broken files within these zip archives. 7zip, izarc, and winzip show broken files within. 2 & 3 are broken in Blood, Fire, Death. 2 is broken in Under the Sign of the Black Mark. What other archive tool is worth trying?

    ReplyDelete
  9. HJ split is great for splitting files. At least so far it's the best one yet I tried so I guess you might try it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10/9/09 06:50

    I found Under the Sign of the Black Mark elsewhere and uploaded the broken track. Here is the link to download track 2.

    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f4c1fce7c93dc3d57f7ec40ada4772a6e04e75f6e8ebb871

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous20/9/09 19:58

    Link to "A Fine Day to Die" from Blood Fire Death.

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFAIHU1T

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous20/9/09 20:24

    "The Golden Walls of Heaven" from Blood Fire Death.

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RCR3O6CA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12/6/10 20:03

    MP3s are shit. FLAC is the way to go. If a shitty Ipod doesn't play FLAC then get something that does! (Or use Foobar to convert it)

    Cheers for the great files and albums - some of my favourites!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have just downloaded the files for "The Return" and have some problems in extracting it. Here's what I do to solve them:
    1. merge the files: in linux I just type:
    # cat return.z01 return.z02 return.zip > merged.zip

    2. fix the files
    zip -F merged.zip

    3. extract the fixed file.


    Thanks for the great music!

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f4c1fce7c93dc3d57f7ec40ada4772a6e04e75f6e8ebb871 for the broken track Is Dead. Can You Reupload It??

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2nd track of "Under the Sign of the Black Mark" is unfortunately broken!

    ReplyDelete