Summer!



Holidays! Fucking finally. Well, almost finally since I still have one more final exam next week and 15 days of internship work. But in any case I've been a busy little aggressive tumor while I was partially absent from the netsphere by continually uploading things. Mainly music because I had really little to time to read any comics but I'm reading a certain great European comic which I'll post/pseudo review as soon as I finish it. Starting from tomorrow this place will get a lot more lively.
 
So what mangas have you guys been reading? I've been out of the loop for a while so I'd appreciate some tasty manga recommendations. Cyberpunk or otherwise.

7 comments:

  1. i know nothing about magna and everything i learnt is from your blog. all these guro stuff were great so i am waiting for new uploads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend you Oyasumi Punpun. Even though it isn't still complete, it's one of the deepest,darkest, most real mangas I've ever read while at the same time being extremelly weird and surreal.

    It's not cyberpunk at all though, it's some kind of slice of life/seinen/surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/7/11 17:07

    Well, I you missed it Junji Ito's Cat Diaries. It's really a comedy with horror elements. Funny! I'm also trying to track down all of Black Paradox right now. As far as cyberpunk...I would love to have more myself! I did get the StandAloneComplex Visual Book: The Tachikoma File from BakaBT Oh yeah I re-read Gichi Gichi Kun but I got that from you! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you ever check out god's child by the nishioka brothers? it's quite nice. BTW I always wondered, have you ever listened to Cyberia Mix, SEL Lain soundtrack? Its been in my MP3 players for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7/7/11 00:24

    I'm re-reading Dragon head right now and it's still pretty cool.

    (On the other hand I didn't enjoyed Cat Diaries that much)

    Final exams >:@

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Daniel: I did listen to that soundtrack a few times, I didn't enjoy it much. I found it to be too cheesy for my taste.

    And thanks everyone for the recommendations, I'll try to track down everything you guys mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous20/7/11 22:49

    +1 for Oyasumi Punpun, AKA Good night, Pun Pun

    ...

    Gambler Emperor Zero seems like an educative comic, very interesting approach.

    Legend of Strongest Man Kurosawa seems like a very casual comic for grown-ups, very interesting too

    Greetings from Barcelona, Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete