Dernière Volonté - Devant Le Miroir


Here's something that is a first of its kind on this blog. Dernière Volonté is supposedly something called "military pop" but I'm not really sure if that's a credible genre; at least it's not for now. Maybe it's just a transitional name for more poppy and catchy type of martial industrial music. Who knows? In any case I'm not all that knowledgeable about this so I'll just shut my mouth right here. At least for a moment.

As I have hinted already this is catchy pop in a more militaristic/neofolk~ish fashion. Along with the visual militarist fashion this also counts in music. Military drums, rhythms and such all play an important role here but they do not deviate into pure martial industrial in vein of Arditi and the similar. Except in a track or two which are probably tracks that didn't make it into the previous album. Or something like that, I'm just guessing because the previous one is much more "industrialized". This is dark and it's cold, it does not retain the usual warmth of music that pop provides. And I think this is really good and is holds an interestingly unique look on this sort of music.

Check it out if you want to experience something a bit different.

Download.

Oh and also check out his side project called Position Parallèle which is apparently a lot similar to this album. I haven't heard it yet so I'm no position to propose an opinion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment