Suehiro Maruo - Yume No Q-saku

Hey, that ninja looks familiar from somewhere hmm.

Anyways, more Maruo! Yume No Q-saku was his second manga that he published, back in 1982 and it deals mostly with relationships; in a Maruo way of relationships. And by that I mean having someones ripped eyeball in a vagina being licked. Absurd as he usually is this manga is filled with batshit insane characters and unusual fetishes. Most of the stories here are new (new, as in not found in other of his works that I uploaded here) aside from Sewer Boy and Shit Soup but they debuted on this volume. As I have mentioned before all of the stories are based on some kind of relationship, gay or otherwise. I still find Sewer Boy to be one of his best hilariously best stories that he ever made but others are great/funny/grotesque as well while a few of them (the first story for me) fall flat and turn out completely unimaginative.

Also, there's a "break" at around the middle of the book with some tasty two page art which showcases Maruo's talent.

All in all I enjoyed this a lot but not in the measure of, say, New National Kid or Rose Colored Monster. Still good and still disgusting. Enjoy.

Download.

3 comments:

  1. That ninja is from an old Japanese film, I think. The name escapes me right now. Maruo has used this image several times, the most famous being his painting featured on the cover of THE STALIN's "Mushi" LP.

    Do you have NEW NATIONAL KID? I was never able to get a copy of it. Japanese original would be ok, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes the Stalin's album. That's where I saw it! Thanks for the info.

    I do not have the New National Kid. I was absent from the world of guro and comic books generally for over a year so I a little behind the events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/7/11 21:04

    Every day is Maruo day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete