Lääz Rockit - Know Your Enemy


When summer comes along we often search for something merry and catchy to listen. I guess, the weather affects us that way or a gigantic turtle or something else. We all strive for this nice feeling of listening to catchy music and enjoying that light breeze. Feels good. For my preference I always enjoy putting on some old school thrash or punk. No particular reason; they just give me that summery feeling.

When it comes to the catchy riffs and hooks Laaz is probably somewhere at the top of the heap. Highly underrated and overlooked USA thrash band that was active during the 80s but continued on dying through the 90s. Know Your Enemy is definitely my favorite album they released along with No Stranger To Danger. It's packed with great riffs, decent vocals, interestingly catchy arrangements and a heavy dose of Judas Priest worship.

Download.

Youtube?

4 comments:

  1. kicks arse14/7/11 23:48

    perfect summer music:

    blues-rock, hard rock, heavy metal, proto-doom, hardcore punk, thrash, stoner, sludge, dub, funky & jazzy pop/rock/electronic music...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "German thrash"?

    Um, not if Oakland CA has been annexed by Deutschland! ;)

    //TB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so wrong for that now haha. I was so sure they were German I didn't even bother to check my assumption.

    I bow in shame and fix the error.

    Thanks for correcting me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happens to the best of us. ;)

    Great blog you have, keep up the fine work!

    Cheers,
    //TB

    ReplyDelete