Ruth Etting



Ahh. Man music suck these days. I wish I lived in the 30s (preferably not in Germany aho ho). The old swing sounds so good. It's nothing like today's upbeat techno pop that feels so; plastic. Sure people like this, it's perfectly normal to enjoy such music in this time. But for me this is so; empty and so shallow. While on the other hand I enjoy the old songs from 30s. Ruth Etting is a fine example of how music used to sound. It felt so real and sincere. Where did that go? When did that feeling disappeared from pop music? It's so vulgar today. The elegance of it was lost long ago I guess. Which is a shame.

Oh well. No point whining about it. What was was, what is is. But I still can be a pretentious dick and listen what I like and force it here on my blog. :3

Ruth Etting was known as America’s Radio Sweetheart, and was the top female vocalist in America for several years, often singing in the ‘torch’ song style. In 1925, Ruth Etting was discovered by a Columbia record executive in Chicago and was signed to a nation-wide deal. In 1927 she was recommended by Irving Berlin to Florenz Ziegfeld for a spot in his Follies. She was an instant success in New York, and the top vocalist in the country for a number of years.

I collected a lot of her songs here. Note that this not an album or a compilation it's just a bunch of her songs I zipped. Some are in good quality, some are in bad.

Songs are:

01. A Needle In A Haystack
02. But I Do, You Know I Do!
03. Button Up Your Overcoat
04. Cigarettes, Cigars
05. Close Your Eyes
06. Could I, Certainly I Could
07. Cuban Love Song
08. Dancing With Tears In My Eyes
09. ...leave...
10. Exactly Like You
11. Funny, dear, what love can do
12. Glad Rag Doll
13. Good Night, Sweetheart
14. Guilty
15. If I Could Be with You One Hour Tonight
16. I'll Be Blue, Just Thinking of You
17. I'll Get By
18. I'm Bringing A Red, Red Rose
19. I'm Good For Nothing But Love
20. It Happened In Monterey
21. Laughing At Life
22. Life Is A Song
23. Love Me Or Leave Me
24. More Than You Know
25. Nevertheless
26. Out Of Nowhere
27. Summer Is Over
28. Taking the blues away
29. The Kiss Waltz
30. Where Your Eyes Burning Baby
31. Without That Gal!
32. You're The Cream In My Coffee

Get.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous25/4/09 23:20

    Mmmmm...
    That music still there somewhere in the big Supermarket we all live on... but now is in some old forsaken shelve in the farest place of the last section...

    Not anyone is willing to walk that distance.. so they grab the first product they see...

    So sad indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig alot of old jazz and swing. Its got a more genuine spirit. I'll give this a shot. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous20/2/10 22:11

    It's nice to see that you appreciate music from the old days. I started listening to it years ago(love Ruth Etting and Lee Morse among others) and it hits the spot when other newer music just won't satisfy. Anyway, thank you for an interesting blog!

    ims

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth Etting -- an interesting singer, new to me. "I'm good for nothing but love" her masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous16/2/15 15:03

    fuck! i came late,link is dead...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I sounded really salty in this post. Anyways, I still have a bunch of her songs so I'll reupload them in a few days when I finish with exams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous27/4/15 08:40

    Thank you for re up, hugs!

    ReplyDelete