Art Farmer - Baroque Sketches

Oh wow, I barely remember writing that last post haha. All of the sudden I was wondering why I started getting more followers on Tubmlr.
Here's a peculiar album that has been waiting to be posted for a few months now (yeah, lazy as usual). Baroque Sketches is an interesting mixture or more precisely an attempt to "jazzify" classical baroque music. Did it succeed? Well I think it did, to a point.
Art Farmer wasn't exactly an world wide known jazzist but he did have his own style and I throughly enjoy his works. To blend jazz and strict-to-the-note classical music is perhaps a daring challenge because these two types of music usually don't cross paths very effectively. Jazz tunes played by an orchestra don't really sound right, something is missing. So why should it be different if it's vice versa?
Well for starters Jazz is open for improvisation so there's a basic melody and structure in the skeleton of the music but it goes beyond. It dares to change it and rearrange it. I think this album does it fairly well. It's a strange little album that clocks for only about half an hour so it flows really fast to me. Worth checking out if you're into jazz and have knowledge of baroque music. Otherwise I can't really recommend this to you.
Tracklist:
01. Fuja Ki
02. Aria
03. Little David's Fuge
04. Prelude in ''E'' Minor
05. Sinfonia
06. Zortzico
07. Alfie's Theme
08. Jesu
09. Etude
10. Prelude in ''A'' Minor
11. Rhythm of Life

Download.

Bitrate: 320

4 comments:

  1. "To those that answered my question"

    What was the name of the comic? And Art Farmer seems at home in my collection since I like those experimental-out-there types of music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miracleman by Alan Moore is the comic in question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your test! ; D
    xD!

    I always find some fun at this place :)!

    hugs!


    - Claud

    ReplyDelete
  4. Farmer was an underrated master. This unlikely piece of genre-beding is a lovely piece of testimony to that mastery!

    ReplyDelete