Suehiro Maruo - Ultra Gash Inferno


An very nice collection of his stories. Very psychedelic and surreal as all of his works are. The art is excellent as always, fine firm lines and you can see that Suehiro is greatly influenced by the early horror movies and German 20s and 30s pop culture. The last story for me is the most interesting because it tells a very brutal truth about the post-war Japan in a city that was demolished by a nuclear bomb. There's also a touch of surreal but the last story is overall a very real and disturbing story and provides an very fascinating read. This is the official English translation version for the US not a fan translation.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks heaps!

    Do you have any Kazuo Umezu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it! :)

    Sadly I don't have anything from Kauzo! I searched everywhere and even went to gurochan but I found nothing! I only have an anime adaptation of one of his works called Kikoushi Enma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful, thank you a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete