Original Soundtrack - Nausicaa Of The Valley Of Wind

There are several versions of this soundtrack from what I gathered. The one I'm posting is supposed to be the "image album" (whatever the hell that means). From all the versions this one is my favorite simply because it holds my most favored songs from the movie and in their best versions (best versions for me at least :P).

In any case, the movie is set in a world that was destroyed by huge god-thing giants in 10 days. Humans survived and are struggling for existence while the Earth regenerates. The destruction though happened a very long time ago so it's now mostly legends and the world today is slowly regenerating through killing every human on the planet. :D The reign of humans is long over and huge bugs now dominate the food chain. That's a bit basic plot of the movie. It later gets on more complex and goes into bible epic proportions. The manga on the other hand (which I warmly recommend, I think I still have it somewhere so I might post it in the near future) is far more political and more warfare oriented which makes it far more complex.

Since the movie was made in 1984 you can expect the usual cheesy electronics, synths, electronic drums etc. but they happen to be very well orchestrated and the soundtrack isn't as bland as I might have hinted. It was composed by Joe Hisaishi and this was the first collaboration between Miyazaki and Hisaishi so this soundtrack also has a historical meaning of sort. In a way the songs on this soundtrack a bit remind me of music that were in games of the 90s. Especially the third track, reminds me so much of one game I used to play when I was kid on Turbo Grafix 16 but sadly I can't remember the name (it was a racing game I think, with F1 formulas).

To make it short. If you liked the movie, you'll like the soundtrack because a large deal of the atmosphere in the movie was contributed by the music. If you like 80s electronics and stuff you'll like this as well (probably) and finally if you collect soundtracks made by Joe Hisaishi you need to get this because of its historic importance.

Tracklist:

01. The Legend of Wind
02. Toward the Far Away Land... -Nausicaa's Theme-
03. Mehve
04. The God Warrior - Torumekian Army - Her Royal Highness Princess Kushana
05. The Sea of Corruption; 06. Ohmu
07. The Dorok Army Strikes Back
08. Battle
09. The Road to the Valley
10. The Days Long Gone -Nausicaa's Theme-
11. Bird Person -Nausicaa's Theme-

Download.

6 comments:

  1. Could you post the movie too? I had trouble finding it (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched it a long time ago, I'm not sure if I still have the DVD of it at home.

    This is the version I have: http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/21020616/Nausicaa?tab=summary

    It's a dubbed version but surprisingly it's not a bad dub so it's perfectly watchable in English language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for uploading!

    As they say in my country, "¡Que Dios te lo pague con un buen polvo!". It'a beautiful phrase to thank someone for something really nice :)

    Just discovered your blog via Nausicaä. Strange things you have here... and a few very rotten ones x)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the image album, not the soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete