Morita Doji - A Boy


Eh I don't really know how to explain this album but I guess saying that this is my favorite pop album ever is a good start. It has everything I ever wanted from pop music. No annoying techno beat, no annoying high pitched vocals, no annoying electronic beats, no common vulgarity of tits and ass flying all over and especially no lyrics that are bought from some third parties. This is honest and straightforward melancholic music from good old 70s which won me over as soon as I started to listen it. Morita Dojis albums got pretty much unnoticed and she had just one hit song and that's pretty much it. She left the music scene very early and released only 3 albums. Later on someone thought it might be a good idea to use her songs on some drama lama soap opera so her stuff got reissued but those are also sold out I'm afraid.

Tracklist:

01. 蒼き夜は (4:02)
02. 君と淋しい風になる (2:44)
03. ふるえているネ (4:37)
04. ぼくを見かけませんでしたか (4:22)
05. セルロイドの少女 (2:58)
06. 淋しい素描 (3:45)
07. ぼくが君の思い出になってあげよう (3:35)
08. G線上にひとり (3:35)
09. 終曲のために第3番「友への手紙」 (4:46)

See the discography post for all of her albums.

(Thanks Dirk for allowing me to discover this album. RIP)

2 comments:

  1. The cover and description intrigue me.

    'Cities on flame' was one of the great music blogs, wasn't it?
    It's a sad story.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that was one of his blogs. I found about him after he died though, sad story indeed but he had great music taste.

    ReplyDelete