Alan Stivell - Chemins De Terre

Photobucket

Whenever someone would mention to me Celtic music I would always think of Scots in skirts playing their instruments (which I forgot the name >.<) in some rainy hilly place. Well this is Celtic too but Alan Stivell is from France. The music he creates is usually played with harp but he also plays other folklore instruments. The sweet compositions of harp gives you this medieval feeling that goes throughout the album but he also experiments with combining the old sounds with new sounds and instruments like electric guitars. While I find experimenting in music always positive and am very open to it I'm not really a fan of this decision to implement such instruments. I guess I'm just an old conservative when it comes to folklore music. But not all songs are like that, there is still an good amount of old fashioned songs. Released in 1974 (I know my folder says 1973, that was a typing error).

Download.

No comments:

Post a Comment