Inkspots - Bless You

The now all popular band (mostly because of Fallout 3), Ink Spots! Conveniently called haha! xD But in fact if I remember right their song Maybe also played at the beginning in Fallout 1. Ironically I found about them through Vangelis because someone claimed that Ink Spots sang the song "One More Kiss" from the Blade Runner Soundtrack. This is of course not true, Vangelis himself sang in that song but he was largly influenced by Ink Spots and their "If I Didn't Care" song. So anyway I thought should check them out since I liked the One More Kiss song quite a bit. And when I started listening to this I thought "Hey this sounds a lot like that music from Fallo.... hey this is that music from fallout!". :D

Anyway, this is all great, great old swing stuff. One of those harmony bands where the main instrument is just a guitar and voices. The Platters are the most popular example of this music. The Ink Spots are similar to them but not quite like it. I'm not sure if this an actual compilation or whatever but it has many songs so definitely get this if you like this kind of music. The only bad thing in this is that every song starts with the same guitar intro. I don't know why they did that but after a while it gets annoying. Despite this fault this is an awesome example of how music used to sound like. They don't make music like they used to. Ah sad thing indeed.

Download.

3 comments: