Wishbone Ash - Argus


Different albums evoke different feelings. Some are sad, some are merry and some are deep and thoughtful. This one for me always brings back the feeling of summer and fantasy novels.

Wishbone Ash, as far as I can tell, never really did anything revolutionary in their respective genre. I mean, they're good musicians and all but their music was kinda on the safe side (from what I heard at least). Because of that very fact Wishbone Ash is always nice to have around. It has plenty of nice songs and instrumentals that are always enjoyable to hear and never much cheesy. Since the songs themselves lean on a more poppier sound (which isn't really that bad at all) you'll hear a lot of melodic solos and chorus singing. You know, the usual cliches of prog rock from those days. I always like this album to have in the back while I'm reading some lengthy fantasy novel. For some reason these two things always fit together nicely.

It's trapped in time, somewhere in the endless summers of the 70s. Back when the world was a much slower place. When you could just sit on your porch and listen to some fine tunes.

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Can't download it, mediafire says "permission denied".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does that on random occasions to random users. I guess you could try a bit later or something like that. The link works for me.

    ReplyDelete