End of the year!



Hello and welcome to the end of the year! This will be the last post of 2012 on this blog and it will include several things that might and might not be of your interest. I made little sections for easier management through my bullshit.

General overview of 2012:

This year was not very kind both to me and to this blog. Luckily the blog managed to stay afloat after the mediafire cleansing, copyright claims and so on. But because of all these problems this year Flying Teapot had the least posts in its whole lifetime. Sadly these problems are only half of the story. I'm having some troubles outside of this place as well. But there's no use to complain about it, we all have troubles. A lot of blogs got closed down and a lot of people left. This year certainly was the ending of the golden age of music blogs. This saddens me greatly and I hope things will get better or that we move on to something better.

What will the future (2013) bring?

2013 will be (I think, I predict) perhaps the most decisive year for this blog. Hopefully if all goes well I will be done with college (first three years, bachelor degree or something like that) in mid spring or sometime around then. After that I might move to Zagreb for two years to finish my studies. If that happens Flying Teapot might close down for good because I won't have the time or the internet connection to post even on a monthly basis. The second option is that I will stay where I am now and finish my studies. That means I'll be able to post but on a slower basis. The third option is that I get a job and post as much as work allows me to and I will then finally have the money to open up my own label.


New blogs and what about Terror Noise Audio?

In late august I opened up a tumblr blog. Its purpose is to have photos of musicians and nothing else. I just use it to collect nice photographs that I find on last.fm or google. You may follow it if you're interested in such things.

Flac and Roll Gas Station - I wanted to use this as a side blog where I would post flac rips of my own CD collection. It would just be links on it, no reviews or anything like that. Now that mediafire has imposed its limitations to split files I'm not sure if I ever will start this blog up.

Terror Noise Audio - I'm not sure what to do with it. It seems dead and every other author on it stopped posting. I might revive it depending on how much free time I end up having. Apparently it still has +500 followers so people might be still interested in it. TNA was a lot of fun but over time it became a lot of work and very little fun. I have mixed feelings about getting back to it.

Gratitude and thanking!

That's it for this year folks! I hope everyone had a much better year than I did and I wish everyone everything good in the year to come.

Thank you for all the lovely comments of support, critique and general happiness that you left in this place and a big thanks to everyone who helped with fixing what was missing during the reuploading of the blog!

See you very soon and here's to a much brighter 2013!

9 comments:

  1. You posted some great stuff this year!
    and thanks for all the fun reading
    I love your blog(s) and hope you're able to continue.
    Best of luck and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/1/13 14:56

    Thanks always for your continued support and pure awesome. I know with your lack of time you've probably not read as many manga lately, but you consistently posted interesting and amazing stories I could never find anywhere else. If you have time in the new year, keep that up!

    I might not be "following" you but you have my continued support. Forever and ever, may there be no end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/1/13 05:14

    Thanx Burek! Stay trill!! Thanx especially for 13 Assasins : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all that you shared here, i hope that your new ways be fantastic and full of experiences! I´ll like you add me at your facebook contacts, my facebook is:https://www.facebook.com/ocpnauta,well, greetins from Puebla, Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still check TNA every week. I would GREATLY appreciate you continuing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Burek! Whatever you do man, we'll understand. The internet has become some sort of mouse vs. cat (in most of its aspects) and sometimes it is just no fun to try to share while dodging bans...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous21/1/13 13:16

    It would be a shame if you stopped posting at all. I have been a regular reader for well over a year and I've become pretty accustomed to the unique blend of quality writing, curated music and manga posts for adults.

    Thanks for all your effort though!

    - Dude in Washington D.C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous21/1/13 23:14

    oh man, thank you for your wonderful blogs, I hope you all will be well, good luck to you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never posted here before, but now I want to thank you for all your efforts, both here and in TNA. I really enjoy listening and reading the stuff you upload.
    Thanks from Chile.

    ReplyDelete