O'Death - Head Home


O'death is a band that I recently discovered due to their recent Outside album. I'm starting to get really fond of this strange "alt-country" genre. It's kinda like normal country but twisted and distorted into something completely different. I'd post their new album but I have this invisible policy of not posting current year albums so you'll get their debut.

It got out in 2007 and it's quite different from their current one, I it's less dark and a bit more wilder. The main thing that I find different here compared to regular country albums is that they really go for insanity and complete melancholia. This is especially felt with the vocals that are somewhat broken but still sound good; and insane.  Speaking of songs there's a pretty varied selection of them here going from really mellow and sad to complete racket of instrumentation paired with screaming. A nice little mess stitched into an album. Most are short in length and I would really like that some of them go on a bit longer but I'm content with what I got anyway. Despite the shortness this is fairly good stuff which I'm certain I'll get back to more often when autumn kicks in.

Try it for yourself, you might like it.

Download.

2 comments:

  1. this is a fucking ace album, thanks for the upload!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/11/11 20:55

    Bela Bartok flac

    http://boxset.ru/antal-dorati-bartok-orchestral-works-5cd-boxset/

    ReplyDelete