Iskra - Bureval


Iskra is a band from Canada that used to do straight forward crust punk. I've shared their previous efforts a few years ago and I still love them to this day. There were some elements of black metal in their music but overall it was crust. Then in 2009 they went on and made this album where they embraced their black metal influence fully.

Track length wise this is very short for black metal with songs mostly ranging around 3 minutes but it's fast, riff packed and intense. They really gave it all they had on this album it definitely feels like it which is why I like this album so much. When it came out I would frequently listen to this while riding the bus to and from college but after maybe a year or so I kind of moved on to other bands and albums. Now I've revisited it and it still sounds just as awesome as I remember it. It has a unique sound and I think it's really underrated as a whole. Guess it didn't catch on. Iskra really haven't been that active after this album so it seems out their foray into black metal kinda was their downfall.

Get it.

1 comment: