Clandestine Blaze / Deathspell Omega


Long ago when Deathspell Omega were still kvlt and trve they did a series of splits with famous black metal acts in the underground. Songs that were on those splits are re-released / re-mastered on their Manifestations comps. Songs from this split were not included for some reason. Actually the songs on this split appear on this split only from what I gather. It's an interesting split but not something that I would consider essential for either band but I'm glad it happened because it's probably how Mikko Aspa and DsO met and then formed the neo-DsO which everybody on the internet knows and loves or hates.

The DsO tracks on this split are just as good as was every other material that they released during their early years. It's straight up black metal with a heavy Darkthrone vibe but it's composed good and has excellent riffs so it's all great for me because I love stuff like that. Production wise it sounds much more like Inquisitors of Satan that came out a year later after this split.

Clandestine Blaze is a band that I never really liked. Harmony Of Struggle is really great but pretty much everything else that I heard I didn't like at all. It feels so dull and monotonous that I rarely venture past his last release. I do like Deliverers Of Faith but that's it really when it comes to his earlier stuff. His tracks on the split are in vein of what I said already: dull and monotonous with quasi-death metal vocals. Not my thing so I keep this split just for the DsO tracks.

Get.

No comments:

Post a Comment