Mandingo - The Primeval Rhythm Of Life


I don't have a lot of information about this but I'll share what I know. This was a band that was formed in the 70s that released a couple of albums in that period. It was an offshoot project by some guy called Geoff Love.

The album itself is a wild mixture of African percussion, jazz and primarily funk. Of all things this reminds me the most of some kind of soundtrack. The soundtrack of a movie from the 70s that's about exploration and brutal murder of white people in the jungles, usual shlock things and so on. But yeah, I can't really give out much explanation here. I can say that the music is all instrumental and far more complex than your usual funk stuff. Drums are also excellent in their sound and rhythm providing for some really great moments.

Get this if you like the sound of many drums.

Download.

No comments:

Post a Comment