The Dream of a Ridiculous Man (Сон смешного человека)

Year of release: 1992
Director: Aleksandr Petrov
Genre: Drama
Duration: 20 min
Language: Russian (with separated English subtitles)

Whenever I want to write this I get interrupted. >_>

The Dream of a Ridiculous Man is a short story by Fyodor Dostoevsky written in 1877. It chronicles the experiences of a man who decides that there is nothing to live for in the world, and is therefore determined to commit suicide. A chance encounter with a young girl changes his mind.

What we have here is an animated version of Fyodor's story. I didn't read the book so I can't really tell you how much it is different from the movie but I can tell you that the setting and the overall feel of the whole movie is very much macabre (I guess that would be the appropriate word?). Be it good or bad it's up to you to decide.

What really stands out here is the art and the technique of the animation. In the most simplest way of explaining I guess you could say that this whole movie is an moving oil painting. That's at least how I look at it anyway. :P At some parts the animation can get a little weak with only just three or four frames showing movement but for the most part it's fluidity is not that much compromised. Honestly speaking I never quite saw anything like this animated so if you aren't interested in the story you can at least check if out for the unique way of how this was done.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

It should work now. Either just extract everything with 7zip or join with hj split and then extract with zip or winrar.

7 comments:

  1. it says that file is corrupted;/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shit not this again. :D

    I'll check it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok i have other source
    http://multiki.arjlover.net/info/son.smeshnogo.cheloveka.avi.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you still looking for umezu drifting clasroom?

    ReplyDelete
  5. if it helps you:
    http://realwarez.org/forum/showthread.php?p=54275


    Drifting clasroom I have is japanese (think so, anyway it is not english). You still wants it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Summer Storm! Thanks!

    Ah sadly I can't read Japanese so I won't really have any use of it so thanks but I don't need it.

    ReplyDelete