Cab Calloway - Volume 2 1930-1931

Cab Calloway is one of the most famous and popular musicians of our time. Well not that much according to last.fm but where I'm from he is quite well known. :S

I can't really say that I enjoy his later works but that is mostly because I just don't like it. I can't really say that it's bad. On the other hand his early days is where it's at for me which makes this album pretty much all i need. Here you can find all of his old time classics in top quality and they are not remastered from what I managed to perceive with my own ears. Swing is swing and there's really not that much to explain here. All I can say is that those who like swing will definitely enjoy this a great deal. Which is the main reason I uploaded it in FLAC.

If you don't like flac well just convert it to mp3 and that's that.

Tracklist:

01. St. James Infirmary
02. Nobody's Sweetheart
03. Is That Religion ?
04. Dixie Vagabond
05. So Sweet
06. Minnie The Moocher
07. Doin' The Rhumba
08. Mood Indigo
09. Farewell Blues
10. I'm Crazy 'Bout My Baby
11. Creole Love Song (Creole Love Call)
12. The Levee Low-Down
13. Blues In My Heart
14. My Honey's Lovin' Arms
15. The Nightmare
16. It Looks Like Susie
17. Sweet Georgia Brown
18. Basin Street Blues
19. Black Rhythm
20. Six Or Seven TImes
21. Bugle Call Rag
22. You Rascal You
23. Sweet Jenny Lee


Get.

4 comments:

  1. I love this guy, thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/2/10 01:52

    Brilliant. Thank you.
    I have problems with your latest archives, though. The ones divided in different files. What should I use to put them together? It's probably because I use IZARC instead of WINZIP.
    Thank you, anyhow.
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Either use the 7zip program for extracting or download HJ Split which allows you to merge the divided files. Either way it works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12/2/10 16:46

    Ok,I think I'm gonna work it out: thanks for your advices. You're always essential and clear (and you choose such good stuff!) I love your blog!
    A.

    ReplyDelete