Kanno Yoshihiro - Angel's Egg Soundtrack


Wow. When I first saw this anime I wasn't sure what I just watched all I knew is that something like this will not happen again very soon in anime world. Sometimes you just make something for your own well being and for your own soul. It is ones view on religion and his relation with it. To me that is the most accurate description of this anime. Naturally the screenwriter never made any public explanations of this anime. Written by Mamoru Oshii and coupled with Yoshitaka Amanos superb animation and amazing architecture and background drawings this little deviant child that was made in 1985 is perhaps my most favorite anime of all times along with Cowboy Bebop.

Just like the anime the soundtrack is also amazingly done. It sounds like a huge mechanical god that screams in orchestral and choir music. Chilling and eerie which fits perfectly with the scenery of the anime. It sounds so surreal that it feels like a dream, especially when you listen it at night, like myself. :D Therefore I offer you to listen this wondrous sounds of somehow sad beauty. Perhaps you'll like it as much as I do.


Download. (flac)

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant Post and very nice blog. You put a lof of info about a lot of underrated and strange artists. I love that and all the cool things that you share.

    Thanks a lot for the artbooks of Maruo, Shintaro Kago mangas and the movie of Kafka.

    I am from Argentina, sorry for my english that sucks, yeap you reach so far.

    Well beyond that, keep up the good work.

    Saludos from Buenos Aires...

    ps: I put you in my links of blogs because I think there is a lot of interesting things that you show to people that must be known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21/9/09 18:32

    Awesome awesome awesome (the freakin anime and that you got the ost)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo... I remember rather enjoying the soundtrack. I should watch it again sometime, because only after I watched it did I try scrounging the internets for any type of explanation as to what I had just watched. I really wish someone would come out with something similar to it, but that most likely wouldn't happen in this day in age.

    Oh yeah, thank you for the soundtrack. :)

    ReplyDelete