Bill Evans Trio - Moon Beams


You know those lonely nights when you sit in a bar, staring down in an empty glass? Then a few steps away you barely see from all the cigar smoke three people playing. One sits on a piano, one on a bass and one on drums. They play a sad melody as if it came right out of some noir film and you relax with deep introspection.

Yeah, this album is pretty much like that. The legendary Bill Evans trio! It was formed by one of the most influential pianists of our time. Evans’ focus in this trio was jazz standards and original compositions, with an emphasis on interplay among the band members that often bordered on collective improvisation and blurred the line between soloist and accompanist. A truly marvelous work of art. Sometimes it's smooth and cool and sometimes it's fiery and non melodic. Just what jazz needs. Just what I need for my hangover. :P

Tracklist:

01. Re: Person I Knew
02. Polka Dots and Moonbeams
03. I Fall in Love Too Easily
04. Stairway to the Stars
05. If You Could See Me Now
06. It Might as Well Be Spring
07. In Love in Vain
08. Very Early

Get.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog you have. It has been my great pleasure to explore its beauty and mystery. You are so kind and generous to share your music. I wish you all the best and I look forward to another visit.

    Yours,

    Iggy

    ReplyDelete