Necros

Ah good old punk. This short records kinda brings me back the nostalgia of those suburban high school punk bands from USA. Not that I ever lived there but I can picture how their life was (or at least approximate :D).

The Necros was formed in 1979 in Maumee, Ohio. They were a punk band made up of high school kids playing fast, furious, short songs of the sort that were eventually dubbed “hardcore” by the media a couple years later. In 1980, the Necros recorded a demo, and in early 1981, Tesco Vee and Dave Stimson (of Touch and Go fanzine) fronted the money to release 4 of those songs as a 7” record (commonly known as the Sex Drive 7”). This 7” became the first release on Touch and Go Records.

It might be recognized as hardcore later but it sounds like ordinary punk to me. D:

Anyway I have two of their releases:

Conquest For Death


A1 Conquest For Death (1:17)
B1 Take 'Em Up (0:54)

Necros



A1 I.Q. 32 (0:23)
A2 Youth Camp (1:23)
A3 Peer Pressure (1:20)
A4 Race Riot (1:09)
A5 Wargame (0:35)
B1 I Hate My School (1:05)
B2 Past Comes Back To Haunt Me (0:45)
B3 Reject (1:30)
B4 Public High School (1:08)

I mistagged the album as I.Q. 32 but it's called just "Necros", or so it seems.

2 comments:

  1. Life as a teen in suburbia was BORING. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I think I would like it. I like a boring sunny suburban life. xD

    ReplyDelete