Happy first year Flying Teapot!

So the day finally came when we would be celebrating Flying Teapots first birthday. In all honesty I have no idea why I started this. I guess it was on a whim. I don't even know why I'm in this uploading business in the first place since it takes me about an hour to upload 80-90mb large files.

A lot of things happened in this one year. I finished and started a lot of things in my life and this blog kinda reflected all these happenings, despite being just a download blog. My first day at college, my trips to Serbia and all the little things I whine about in my posts. Now when I look back at the old posts I can actually remember how I was and how I felt when I was posting it. So in a way each post is a small part of me, but, this was also the purpose of this blog. To give away things that I like, I sad one day, thus I opened this - thing. A Flying Teapot that rides in the air gathering people on the netsphere for a tea party somewhere in the clouds. I guess I kinda succeeded in doing so. I met a lot of great people through this blog and I also managed to receive some things that I was unable to find myself so when all is calculated I think it was a good thing to start this. Which is why you should put on a birthday hat for ronery me. ;( Anyway, my head hurts from drinking yesterday so I needed to rant a little.



In any case I'll switch from my nostalgia to something better. Presents!

I uploaded several things and I hope you will like most of them. There's a bit of everything so I think everyone should be satisfied. In all honestly I had no idea what to post. At first I wanted to post all my original Bathory cds in .flac but the idea was soon dropped because I realized that my cd rom does not work so I could not rip them apart. -_-

The second idea was to post around 10 albums that were the most influential to my musical path but I decided not to because those albums are so mainstream and accessible that people would not download them at all.

So finally I decided to post:

1. Two ebooks that I'm currently reading.
2. A manga dear to me.
3. A raw manga that looks fucking awesome.
4. A video game that I'm digging for a while now.
5. A movie that I recently watched and enjoyed a lot.

So open your presents dammit!

FIRST PRESENT

I don't like to read books. There, I said it. I am way too much psychotic to be able to concentrate myself on imagining something that the other person is trying to tell me with countless words. I think of at least three different things at the same time completely unrelated to the book when I read. That is of course when I read dramas or story books (whatever they are called). I read science books. Yes, I'm that much of an elitist. I read things of science. Astronomy and philosophy. Therefore I present you the two books that I'm currently enjoying quite a bit.

The first is called The General Principles of Reality. The book tries to unravel the mystery known as reality and they do it in a most interesting way with not that much mathematics so if you don't understand more complex math you should not have a problem with reading it. In short here's what you'll find here:

- defining realities and relative realities
- defining a new concept of dimension
- introduce and define the Reality Scale Constant S
- defining the true effect of gravity and charge
- redefining Newton’s Gravitational formula and introducing the Q transform
- defining Space-Time Density and its New Universal Law
- show a new perspective on most known physics
- defining charge and neutrality
- detailing the relation between Quantum and Celestial realms
- defining Space-Time Buoyancy (anti-gravity)
- detailing Space-Time Buoyancy (anti-gravity) applications
- defining the formulation of Space-Time Distortion
- detailing the link between Electricity and Distortion
- defining Electro-Distortion equations
- redefining Light and Electromagnetic Waves
- detail that the Speed of Light (c) is not constant or a limit
- detailing Faster Than Light speed applications including Quantum Radio
- redefining Einstein’s Relativity equations
- redefining Einstein’s Energy equation
- attempt to explain zero and its relation to dimension and realities
- detailing the true effect behind elementary and molecular bonds
- touch on entropy, aging and its link to Earth
- touch on evolution
- explain Existence
- proving God exists

Although I don't agree with everything that the author wrote he does make some dashing good points.

Read it.

The second book is called Understanding the Universe From Quarks to the Cosmos. The name speaks for itself. The book is some serious heavy shit so if you don't like this kind of books, don't read it. It's about 600 pages long so I could honestly recommend this only to people that are into astronomy and science (and also to those who want their heads to explode).

Read it.

SECOND PRESNT

Aruku Hito - Walking Man

In this manga; nothing happens. That's right, nothing. And it's about, well, uhh, this:

Nowadays, who takes his time to climb a tree in the middle of the city? To look at the birds, to play in the puddles after the rain? The walking man, through his lonely and silent strolls, makes us rediscover the happiness of wandering around. I do this quite often myself, walking around aimlessly so I quite like this manga. It reminds me of post rock albums at some places.

There's a picture of a penis in this manga so download it.

THIRD PRESENT

BITCH

Junji Ito - Shin Yami no Koe - Kaidan

I can't read Japanese and I don't think I ever will which is a shame but oh well. In case you don't know, a raw manga means that it's not translated. Despite this flaw this looks totally amazing even without the words. It's one of the best Itos works and amazingly well drawn I might add. So if you are not familiar with the Japanese language I suggest you download this anyway for sheer brilliance of art. The stories look totally fucked up. Hopefully some good soul will translate this one day.

Download.


FOURTH PRESENT

Crayon Physics



This game is the best thing that happened in my life, ever. Perhaps one of the most innovative and orginal games of all time. Watch the trailer, it will explain everything and then download this and play it untill your life is consumed in whole and become one with the megastructure. The music is also completely amazing.

Download.

FIFTH AND LAST PRESENT

Adrift In Tokyo

Year of release: 2007
Director: Satoshi Miki
Genre: Drama
Duration: 101 min
Language: Japanese (English subtitles)

A movie from this century? In color? :D

Yes and it's amazing. There's not much info about this film around imdb and there's no snowblood apple review so my hands are a bit tied.

Anyway the plot goes something like this:

Takemura has no friends and no family. He's a student but he doesn't have any particular ambitions. In other words, he isn't going anywhere fast. Were all this not enough, the sorry sad sack has a debt of 800,000 yen. Fukuhara, a surly debt collector with a glorious mullet, is on his case. After roughing Takemura up, he gives him an ultimatum-72 hours to pay up, or else. Takemura barely has his wits about him again when he runs across Fukuhara a second time, and this time the thug has a different proposal-a walk. That's right, in exchange for a million yen, Takemura must accompany Fukuhara on a walk across the city of Tokyo. Starting in a distant corner of the city, they begin their trek towards downtown, striking up a conversation.

So basically much like all the presents today this movie is relaxing and calm. Two people walk through the city and they talk. They exchange life stories and visit places that mean something to them.

Highy recommended!

Links:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Subtitles


And this concludes this lengthy post. I hope you enjoyed at least one present.

Lastly, I would like to thanks everyone who visits this little place of blue background and I hope you'll visit it in the future until I get hit by a car and die a pointless death while my organs are being sold on black market and thus I won't be able to post again.

Statistics:

Total Storage Used :
19.32 GB, from 360 total files.

Total Downloads Served:
40,609, Since May 31, 2008.

Est. Bandwidth Served:
1.95 TB


You can take off your birthday hat now that you wore for me while reading this! >:|

21 comments:

  1. Anonymous31/5/09 13:27

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLYING TEAPOT!
    thanks a lot burek! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vertigine31/5/09 14:03

    Haaaappy birthday and thank you so much! I think I'm going to enjoy more the 600 pages science book. :P
    love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks guys! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Thank you for everything Burek. Keep the good work.

    Flying Teapot is one of the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Otandžobi omedeto 666. Ja sam propustio Cephscope rodendan ahaha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1 Year--Congrats and Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1/6/09 08:51

    Happy Birthday! I've never commented before but I do read and love your blog! You're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3/6/09 02:35

    I'm Gonna Start Worshipping You!

    Oh Holy Great Burek! ^_^

    One Of The Best Blogs Ever!

    Sretan rođendan!!!
    (or something like that.. i'm learning a little bit of croatian...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks and happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3/6/09 15:48

    Happy 1 year Flying Teapot~
    Splendid anniversary posts~
    •____•

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone! I appreciate it. :D

    Haha Byron you wrote it right. Even included "đ"! xD Learning Croatian is futile though, you can't really use it anywhere except in the ex-yugoslavia countries.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All hail our croatian overlords!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10/6/09 09:33

    Happy Anniversary (from Malaysia)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous15/6/09 04:38

    Great blog! Keep the good work! One little question, the first image of the school girl, where is it from? Bye and Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous18/6/09 01:19

    Congratulations on making it a year! This blog fuckin' rules!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks everyone again! Oh and I have no idea where I found that first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been following your great blog for a while now. but i only recently set up a blogger account. i just want to say thanks to you me and my friend were addicted to crayon physics for about a week of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous27/7/09 18:33

    Your blog is so goddamn awesome. Thank you so much for introducing me to dope music, anime and manga.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous27/3/11 03:55

    Happy first year! This is a really late reply but I was looking through all your posts and stuff, and I downloaded a lot of things from this post. You always have great taste that's similar to mine(except in music, but that's ok!).

    ReplyDelete
  20. here's a mediafire link for crayon physics deluxe as the link on this page is broken http://www.mediafire.com/?nqybiijxomk

    ReplyDelete