Warloghe - 2017 - Lucifer Ascends

 


I've talked about this band before but I will briefly talk about this 7'' as well. Warloghe is a legendary Finnish band that recently resurfaced with a new full length which was my album of the year last year despite the album being highly orthodox and written mostly before 2021. But who cares anyway! I really like their sound as it reminds me of flesh slowly falling off from a living human as it walks. This 7'' record was released back in 2017 with little fanfare keeping in line with their "no nonsense" approach to marketing and hype. It consists of two unheard tracks, one recorded before Womb of Pestilence (first album) and one after showcasing their nuanced progress in nihilism. The title track also appears on the 2021 album in a rerecorded form. Both tracks sound weirdly yearning and melancholic to me as if they are calling back the good ol' days I guess. Great stuff and not to be missed but I am highly biased with this band so who knows. Expect high levels of not-production!

Get it / Stream it

No comments:

Post a Comment