Imperial Triumphant - 2013 - Goliath

 


I've been following Imperial Triumphant for a very long time by now. I think it was Abyssal Gods that made me check them out in more detail. I'm happy for them that they blew up with Vile Luxury - an album that I really enjoyed when it came out but sadly my enjoyment of it petered out eventually. Alphaville was alright and so is the new one (I was really happy that they got Kenny G on that single track, shit was fantastic). With all that I said I feel like a complete hipster pseud by having this digital only two track EP as my absolute favorite release by them.

This could very well be because it reminds more of Deathspell Omega than on Imperial Triumphant or that it has a more concise song structure but I still think it's a fantastic pair of songs. Dizzying, spiraling riffs that keep descending and descending backed by pretty intense drum rolls and inhumane (albeit effect driven) growls is what you'll find on these two tracks.

They might not be their most original songs but I like them a lot and whenever I think of Imperial Triumphant these two songs are the first thing I want to come back to.

Check them out!

You can also stream them here!

1 comment:

  1. Crushing Chaos! \m/ Very nice! I will add this to my rotation.

    ReplyDelete