Jötgrimm


So winter is (hopefully) slowly creeping into our lives and I randomly remembered this tape that I dug up a million years ago from some dark asshole of the internet.

Jötgrimm would in the olden days just be called ambient but today one would probably name it dungeon synth. I think it gives a much more space/nocturnal vibe than clackety castle keyboards but, hey, maybe I'm just an idiot.

If you enjoyed Paysage d'Hiver ambient stuff you'll probably love this as well. Understandably it has a very lo-fi aesthetic but it works perfectly and the production makes it wonderfully atmospheric. I feel like I'm watching end credits of some moody b-horror movie from the 90s. The tape is segmented in tracks but the rip is just everything spliced together which makes sense since tracks bleed into each other making the whole thing very seamless.

Overall I don't have any major complaints, if you like this type of stuff you'll love this I think.

Get it / Bandcamp

But! Turns out they have a second demo as well!


This one is less winter and less foresty but is still pretty great. Calm, melancholic moody passages in a minimalist way with not much layers. Definitely tries a lot more things than on the previous demo. Just good old synthwork.

Can't recommend both of these enough!

Get it / bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment