Meiko Kaji


Like many other people I discovered Meiko Kaji through Kill Bill, it could very well be my first enka discovery for that matter. Ever since I heard her voice I was enamored with it and I come back to her albums often. Years ago I shared her most common album (or compilation) called Zenkyoku Shu and someone in the comments left megaupload links to a boxset of her. Recently I went through this boxset and considering how the links are long dead I decided to share it again, this time giving it a proper post. The set includes 6 of her albums containing large volumes of songs making this pretty much the go to collection of Meiko Kaji. The songs of course vary in quality, some are absolute cheese garbage while others tend to be more subtle and refined. All in all she's a great singer and this collection is essential if you like her music.

CD: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

4 comments:

  1. Hi Burek,

    Thank you for this! I only know a couple of songs of her and excited to find more favorites.
    Of these six CDs, which ones did you you like the most?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really have a preference but if I had to pick then it would be her first two CDs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eagertiger5/4/19 00:33

    the link is dedad... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Links are now fixed!

    ReplyDelete