FIVE ALBUM DRIVE BY


HEY FOLKS; HOW ARE THINGS? I'M SLOWLY GOING INSANE BUT EVERYTHING ELSE IS GOOD.

Back in 2017 I planned to do a themed week of Coltrane-esque players that were lesser known (back in the day and now). This of course never came to fruition because I'm a lazy slob - BUT - recently by accident I found out that my upload speed is no longer tedious and I'm able to upload stuff in MINUTES. So here are five hidden(ish) gems of modal/spiritual jazz. I don't want to bog you down with words so I'll just say that they're all recommended listening. The albums are:

Azar Lawrence - 1974 - Bridge Into The New Age



Billy Harper - 1973 - Capra Black



Booker Ervin - 1965 - The Trance



Harold Land - 1959 - The Fox



Tyrone Washington - 1969 - Natural Essence


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting again, your recommendations are always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21/2/18 01:06

    Don't go insane, we need you!

    ReplyDelete