First three Belphegor albums

Lately I've been going through some kind of weird nostalgia train of revisiting bands that I used to listen a lot during high school and earlier. Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while now might remember that Belphegor was in fact the very first band that got me into more extreme music (or extreme metal at least). Yes, the feeling of discovering something new and extreme was really great. What got me into it was their most famous album Goatreich-Fleshcult and after I played that album on repeat for days they kinda went downhill for me. Everything they released after that was samey or they just tried to relive/reinvent Lucifer Incestus or Goatreich.

But before they got famous they released a string of albums that were much more raw and much more fun. Now that I went through their discography again after all these years I find myself liking these early material more than my previous favorites. They had some really awesome riffs back then and the vocals were still top notch and they didn't seem like a joke then; just very blasphemous to a point of insane (see  front covers).

So I decided to share these albums for those of you who enjoy a good dose of black/death metal. Overall all three of these albums sound similar but you can really sense the growing and progressing with each new album. It's fairly standard stuff with very little experimentation but it's done well and it doesn't get boring. Also pretty much every gimmicky thing they do in later albums can be heard on these three albums but in a much more primal state.

Here are the albums:




Blutsabbath (1997)

 


Also I dug out their very first EP from somewhere called Bloodbath in Paradise, an extra treat if you liked the albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment