Advantage Lucy - Station


Since summer is starting to fade away I thought I might share one of my favorite summer time bands called Advantage Lucy. They're a three piece rock-pop band from Japan that released three albums. They're still active (I think?) but they didn't do anything new for a while now. I shared one of their albums before but that was a very long time ago so why not share another one?

This album is pretty much along the same line as the other one. It was released back in 2000 and I think it still sounds just as great. It's so happy and carefree that it makes me just sit around and watch birds shit on my window or something useless as that.

The melodies are very light (as expected of such bands) and quite catchy. The trio arrangement fits quite well with this sort of music. Too much instrumentation tends to bog down the melody so this is to me an optimal arrangement of instruments for this type of music. While the album is a bit samey it doesn't really feel all that long so I don't think that's a real issue here. Everything is nice and mellow in the land of Advantage Lucy and they help to bring that mellowness to the listener as well.

Get.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/10/12 22:10

    just started to listen to the first song and love it! :D thanks for the sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/10/12 22:12

    (first comment seems not to show up)

    just listening to the first song and love it :D thanks for the sharing <3

    (woop second one now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear that you like it!

    I moderate posts so they appear usually when I read and publish them. I do this to prevent spam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this band!! I'm seeing them in two weeks and I'm incredibly excited. Do you have any other albums? I have Fanfare and this one but I'm looking for others - willing to trade :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're talking about physical copies then: no. I don't really have any of their stuff on CD or Vinyl. I posted both albums that I have (this one and Echo Park) on mp3 here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a present for you then. Please take this as a token of my gratitude for everything you've upped over the years. I've been following this blog for at least 3 years and it's turned me on to so many cool things I never would have found out about. So many great manga. So many incredible jazz albums. SO MUCH SUN RA.

    GET
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8853420zu4zahh3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?l5l2hq62qo243k0


    V_C

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very kind of you! Thank you very much and I appreciate the support. ^^

    ReplyDelete