Scholastic Deth

Scholastic Deth was once upon a time a fast and furious hardcore punk/powerviolence band from the US. I'm not sure if (and I'm not trying to sound sexist here) the vocalist is male or female. On the photos this person looks male but on the recording t either sounds like female voice or it's just some angry 9 year old kid telling you to fuck off. Either way works for me.

They had a sound which differed from many of their peers, which seemed to take a lot of qualities from old-school hardcore, creating fast, fun and positive music with a message. This message dealt with everything from skateboarding, the love of coffee and life as a nerd, to the lack of substance and political awareness in hardcore today, problems and calling people on their shit within DIY subculture and the hypocrisy surrounding punks bidding on a 2oz piece of vinyl on a corporate auction site.

I have three of their releases which are all EPs I guess. I left the source in the files from where I got the releases so go over there and check some more punk and smash capitalism.
Download.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/4/10 13:51

    the guy behind 625 records (max) was the singer in scholastic death. so the answer is: a male vocal, and a bit older than 9 years old. at least physically, hehe..

    ReplyDelete