Hako Yamazaki - ハコのお箱

This was originally posted on the Abstract blog I used to visit but apparently it was closed down for (surprise surprise) legal issues. Looks like Carmen Maki didn't really like the idea of foreigners sharing her albums.

Anyway, I posted Yamazaki's stuff before and it received a lot of downloads so I guess you guys/girls/hermaphrodites might want some more. Since she never really gained any popularity outside Japan (or even in Japan I think) there's not much info about her albums. This one isn't even on discgos. It seems like a compilation of her songs done in an acoustic arrangement. Previous album I posted had all the instruments that the usual acid folk singer in the 70s needed. This time it's just one wooden guitar and a bit more matured voice for the most part of the album. Terribly underrated imho.

Tracklist:

01. 望郷
02. 橋向こうの家
03. ヨコハマ
04. 歌いたいの
05. 白い花
06. 冬の東京
07. 気分を変えて
08. 綱渡り
09. 水車の都
10. 織江の唄
11. 夢
12. 私が生まれた日(サウンドトラック・ヴァージョン)
13. 呪い

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/12/09 21:32

    I couldn't get it to work with either WinZip or WinRar. Nonetheless, you have a cool blog. This is the first thing I've downloaded from here that didn't work.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why you have the problem. I downloaded the things myself after I uploaded them and it worked. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it has to do w/ Windows not recognizing the Japanese characters. If you just rename both volumes to [something].zip and [something].z01, it works fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous23/6/10 21:39

    What unpacker do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous23/7/11 06:16

    thank u very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you happen to find the time to re-up this one, this listener would very much appreciate it... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a million for the re-up!

    ReplyDelete