Grey Gordon Orchestra


I know very little about this swing orchestra. I know that they were active during the 30s and that this what I have seems to be a radio recording. I don't think anyone ever released their works on cd or vinyls. In short, they were forgotten by time. But not by me! :D

I found some scarce information about them on some old web site but due to my hard drive crash I lost that bookmark. What is interesting about this orchestra is that they used an accordion. I don't know about you but this is the first time I heard an accordion in a swing orchestra. Perhaps there are others but I don't know about them. In any case this particular sounds makes them a bit, unique, compared to others from their time. In terms of sound this is as old school as it gets. Merry little melodies and instrumentation coupled with lovable singing voice. Too bad they never got famous. ;(

There are 18 songs in total. I won't bother with tracklist.

Oh and since there are not any photos of them on the net I just added a photo of my little antique (sort of) USSR accordion that I have. ^_^
Download.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous18/5/11 14:39

    Hey just letting you know that I am enjoying this album a lot for quite some time now, thank you for the upload

    ReplyDelete