Magrudergrind ‎- 2007 - Rehashed


Here's a controversial opinion that nobody asked and is at least five years late: I don't like new Magrudergrind. By new I mean II and Magrudegrind. They're fucking awful, it's everything I hate about modern grindcore and powerviolence. Despite my dumb opinion I still really appreciate their earlier more simple efforts. Like many similar bands they shat out splits and comps faster than you could get them but I personally think this little album (or whatever it is) is the best, most concise thing they did in their career. You might think 62 trax of thrash is better but I think it's a lot less focused and perhaps even bloated. The most captivating value that this band had was the vocals which were really in tune with the ferocity and tempo of the music. They sound like someone has a severe cold and is really angry at the system. The gnarly vocals are followed by a relatively simple but effective array of blast beats and fast paced punk power chords. Fun and simple for a sad and complex life.

No comments:

Post a Comment