Crypt Sermon - 2015 - Out Of The Garden


Holy shit this came out in 2015. I thought this album is way younger (last year or something), I'm pretty sure I included it in my end of the year list of likes. At first I didn't dig this album very much, me not being a huge doom junkie helped a lot but eventually it did grow on me quite a bit. This happens a lot to me when it come to more slower sounding bands, I can't remember what the fuck they were duing.  Crypt Sermon plays that old-ish style of doom that sounds all grandiose and majestic, you know, Candlemass and shit like that but to me they definitely seem a bit more faster than your usual trad doom band. I remember vaguely that this album did quite a splash (at least on the internet) and I think it was pretty deserved, this album is just pure unpretentious fun. It rides that fine line of packing a punch but still being catchy and memorable. I often find myself humming hooks from this album because they really are just that great. The vocals help here a lot, being dramatic and all that but not sounding cringy. It's honest and that's what counts here.

1 comment: