NLV (Nikol- Luka & Vedran) - ...and who are you



I finally finished writing and sorting out the humongous black metal post I said I would do about ten thousand years ago. While I wait for the pile to upload I've decided to share this little EP from a local band. 

They're an acoustic trio consisting of two guitars and a (female) vocalist. The instrumentation is your usual shtick with these kinds of bands. Nothing really daring or musically different but they provide nice and mellow melodies which is really the main thing that I'm looking in folk bands like this. What carries the whole thing is the vocalist that has a delivery that is solid and varied. With each song  she brings out a different aspect of her singing into focus which I think is really nice. While technically a trio there are other instrumentation thrown in the mix just to keep you on your toes. The last song on this makes the band shine the most but I like their more barren songs as well because the melodies are catchy. They sing in English so you can even understand their lovingly written love songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment