Shione Yukawa - Uta no Katachi


Some relaxing folk music for the listeners pleasure.

Shione Yukawa is a folk singer from Japan and I believe I posted a few of her albums before but I think it's time for another one. Actually I don't think she really has any bad albums, pretty much everything is great except when she does covers or sings in English. For some reason I don't really like that. Her first album from 2002 was like that; all English. The second one, released in 2003, which I'm posting right now is all in Japanese. She's now in the field of expertise that suits her best and through this music she shines the most.

The overall tone of this album is melancholic (that's how I like my folk best) with mid paced melodies and compositions. It's one of those albums that sound sad but are uplifting in a strange way. The emphasis is on her voice and acoustic guitar but every now and then some other instrument pops in to keep things fresh and mellow. Reminds me of autumn.

Get it.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous26/6/12 09:37

    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous29/8/12 16:11

    Thanks so much for this, I couldn't find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you reupload this, please?

    ReplyDelete