Severe Torture - 2002 - Misanthropic Carnage


In general I was never much of a fan of the guts & gore death metal bands. I absolutely adore Suffocation which is apparently the progenitor of the brutal death metal subgenre but aside from them and few others I left the genre largely unexplored. I discovered this band on a whim and I have to say it hit just the right notes for me. The band starts right on point with a delicious tremolo riff backed by what else than blast beats. After that you're bound on a journey of chuggy riffs, gurgling vocals and monotone drumming. This combined with production that's not very keen on mid ranges and gains you get a comfortable, even soothing bass heavy album. It's heavy is but not obnoxious or draining. I come back every once in a while to this album and every time I enjoy its brutality in fullest. A bunch of murky entertaining death metal riffs. What more could you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment