Ensnared ‎- 2013 - Ravenous Damnation's Dawn


It's funny how as I get older I find much more enjoyment in raw and upfront bands compared to when I was a scavenging teen looking for experimental and unorthodox bands. Lucky for me these more classic-but-new sounding bands seem to be all the rage nowadays. Ensnared is a Swedish band that grew up on Swedish bands but instead of following their homeland footsteps they pummel things Tampa style and I'm loving every minute of it. In their 30 minutes Ensnared will remind you just how much awesome Altars Of Madness is but they'll offer it with a good serving of Sweden made melodic riffs as well. Fast and thrashy this EP might feel too short but the material here is filler free and unrelenting. The only downside for me is that they massively lack lava flowing, church burning solos but perhaps this intensifies the no-frills attitude. Such a shame after this EP they moved into other directions with their sound but nonetheless they still left us with this awesome work that satisfies my Altars Of Madness craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment