Mgła - Presence


As for the second release today here's something short and sweet. Mgła should be by now a very well known black metal act considering how good their last album was. Groza, their debut album, honestly disappointed me because I expected so much more from them. I had high expectations for the album because their EPs were so incredibly good. All three were a perfect blend of melody and finesse with some really memorable riffs and songs overall. If I had to pick a favorite among these early EPs I would definitely pick this one. But I think I'm not the only one who shares this opinion. I saw these guys live this year and they even played this live which was a really warm surprise. In fact they played a lot of songs from the EPs. In terms of sound this is where they polished their sound into what it is today. The production is excellent (for black metal) so the songs lost some of that raw quality which previous releases had but it's a good omen for what's to come after it. The songs themselves are incredibly catchy, especially the opening riff, which makes me wonder why they're not considered as "melodic" black metal but whatever. That's just nitpicking.

Get.

No comments:

Post a Comment