Thantifaxath - Thantifaxath


Thantifaxath is a black metal band from Ontario that has, so far, released just this one EP back in 2011. The quality of the recording is actually really great. It does not sound necro or kvlt (as the cover with its murky colors suggest) but it's not really overproduced garbage either, it's right in the middle (the best middle possible!).

After a brief choral intro the EP plunges right into the jist of this 15 minute EP. The sound is a mainly in the style of US (or American if you will) black metal but there are touches of the old continent as well. The guitar work is a mixture of dissonant DsO-ish riffs and tremolo based riffs that mostly remind me of Krallice. Must be the high pitch that gives me this feeling. All this is stitched together with ambient/droning passages that, to me, tend to kinda kill the joy but not enough for me to dismiss the whole EP outright. All I'm saying is that those parts could be shorter but oh well. The vocals themselves are probably the most uninteresting that this EP can offer since its just standard screaming through some fx effect fare.

I found this EP by accident and it made a positive impression on me and hopefully it will do the same to you. It's a promising band and I look forward to hear more from them as they go along the path since they show a lot of potential.

Get.

No comments:

Post a Comment