Drudkh - Forgotten Legends


Speaking of autumnal feelings here's another record that I've been highly enjoying lately. I was aware of Drudkh for a very long time. Ever since Swan Road came out I kept reading about it and their past albums all the time on the forums I used to frequent but I never really could get into them. They were monotone and boring to me. The guitars sounded horrendous.

But times change, so do people and so does their choice in music. When the Eternal Turn of the Wheel came out last year my interest in this band resurfaced and after liking it a lot I decided to revisit their discography. It turns out Drudkh have been really busy all these years with releasing a lot of albums. They certainly tried a lot of things with their formula and sound to change things up a little bit but the results were welcomed with mixed views on their releases accompanied with "selling out" accusations and the usual black metal drama that goes on these days.

Personally I find most of their discography enjoyable but whenever I think of listening to some Drudkh I always come back to their first three albums first. Yeah, I guess I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to this band. There's something really magical in this and their next two releases. Yes, the production isn't top notch and neither are the riffs overwhelmingly original but there's something there. There's this unique charm that this album gives. It might take a while to sit right in your head but once it does this album is great.

Get.

No comments:

Post a Comment