Lycanthrophy & F.U.B.A.R.


Hello everyone, I'm back after a short break due to exams. Now let's get back to grinding.

Czech Republic has been growing a really good grindcore/fastcore scene for quite a while now. They have some really great fests and some really thriving bands. I had the pleasure of watching Lycanthrophy live a few years ago and it was one of the best grindcore gigs I ever attended. Stunned by the gig I decided to buy this little 7'' since I had to have something by them. It's a nice little short 7'' with both bands having their representative sound on it.

The charm of Lycanthrophy is their vocal female/male duo that quickly changes between the verses accompanied by some really tight arrangements of fast and furious grind. Riffs and such aren't really exceptional here but the drumwork on the other had really drives the whole thing into space.

Fubar is yet another, surprisingly, grindcore band which I haven't seen live but they sound very fun on this record. They are far much noisy and raw when compared to Lycanthrophy but it's still great fun. The bass on their side is actually so loud I can hardly recognize the guitar. Which is great because it kinda reminds me of a more organized Godstomper.

In any case, a great thing to listen if you're into grindcore. If not then move along. ;D

Download.

No comments:

Post a Comment