Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle

I FEEL LIKE I COULD TAKE ON THE WORLD!

Said one day by some tentacle and thus one of the most amazing adventure games began! I played this when I was a little kid. My father used to translate me everything and I would point and click everywhere. Ah, such fun times.

Anyway, I'm sure you all played this. Right? Well if you haven't here's the chance. I managed to find an ISO image version with everything so there's cinematic sequences and everything else. The graphics are still good so all you graphics elitists should be able to swallow the DOS graphics (which I find to be much more fun from today graphics).

I don't want to ruin the plot for you so I'll skip that part. There's also a lot of information on Wikipedia anyway.

Year of release: 1993
Production House: LucasArts
Genre: Point & Click adventure

Wikipedia info.

Download:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

You need HJ Split to patch this back into one file.

It might not work for you and I'm no tech support so you'll haft to manage somehow. It works for me. :/

Try DosBox or something if it does not work.

3 comments:

  1. I use ScummVM for the old LucasArts games, I've had the non-talkie version of DoTT playing on my iMac and even on a Nintendo DS. They also have versions for DreamCast, Wii, PSP, etc. (most of them would probably need to be modded). It's freeware: http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php

    Great upload, by the way, I've been looking for the talking version for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/3/09 09:47

    aaaah one of the best game ever - this beautiful point'n'click era

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant game. Unfortunately I am on a mac so playing these kind of games is a little bit difficult I think but I really had a good time as kid with these kind of games.

    ReplyDelete